POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Re: parsing vs. tracing Server Time
1 Jul 2024 06:49:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: parsing vs. tracing (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Subject: Re: parsing vs. tracing
Date: 3 Dec 2003 04:05:13
Message: <3fcda749@news.povray.org>
"Barron Gillon" <gil### [at] purdueedu> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Maybe this is a newbie question, but I was wondering if there is any way
for
> a calling program to tell when pov-ray is done parsing and has begun
> tracing.  Specifically, if I have a program that executes pov, and pov
> modifies one or more files during parsing, and then I want to do something
> with the files that pov modified, but don't want to have to wait for it to
> finish tracing...  If I was using linux, I suppose I could pipe the output
> stream, but I'm working with Windows.  Thanks!

This the the wrong group for this question. Please read the "[READ BEFORE
POSTING] Purpose of this group" message.

    Thorsten

Post a reply to this message

From: Barron Gillon
Date: 3 Dec 2003 21:23:24
Message: <3fce9a9c@news.povray.org>
Then please indulge me, and tell me what group would be appropriate?  I am
not asking a platform specific question, nor am I asking an SDL question.
This is a programming question, so I assumed I should post in the
programming group...

Barron
> "Barron Gillon" <gil### [at] purdueedu> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > Maybe this is a newbie question, but I was wondering if there is any way
> for
> > a calling program to tell when pov-ray is done parsing and has begun
> > tracing.  Specifically, if I have a program that executes pov, and pov
> > modifies one or more files during parsing, and then I want to do
something
> > with the files that pov modified, but don't want to have to wait for it
> > finish tracing...  If I was using linux, I suppose I could pipe the
output
> > stream, but I'm working with Windows.  Thanks!
>
> This the the wrong group for this question. Please read the "[READ BEFORE
> POSTING] Purpose of this group" message.
>
>     Thorsten

Post a reply to this message