POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : How do I use the new INI and command line option system in POVRay 3.5? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 04:18:58 EDT (-0400)
  How do I use the new INI and command line option system in POVRay 3.5? (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Lee Begg
Subject: How do I use the new INI and command line option system in POVRay 3.5?
Date: 23 Oct 2002 21:00:29
Message: <3db7462c@news.povray.org>
After waiting over 24 hours with no response, I'm trying again.

I am hacking the old PVMPOV patch for POVRay 3.1 to POVRay 3.5.  There
appears that there is a large change in the way INI and command line
options set the underlying variables.

Does anyone have any pointers or examples?  The documentation for it is
nonexistant (afaik).

Thanks
Lee Begg

Post a reply to this message

> After waiting over 24 hours with no response, I'm trying again.
>
> I am hacking the old PVMPOV patch for POVRay 3.1 to POVRay 3.5.  There
> appears that there is a large change in the way INI and command line
> options set the underlying variables.
>
> Does anyone have any pointers or examples?  The documentation for it is
> nonexistant (afaik).

Like all other parts of the POV-Ray source code, you have to go through it
and find out yourself.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde

>> After waiting over 24 hours with no response, I'm trying again.
>>
>> I am hacking the old PVMPOV patch for POVRay 3.1 to POVRay 3.5.  There
>> appears that there is a large change in the way INI and command line
>> options set the underlying variables.
>>
>> Does anyone have any pointers or examples?  The documentation for it is
>> nonexistant (afaik).
>
> Like all other parts of the POV-Ray source code, you have to go through it
> and find out yourself.

That is what I have been doing.  There is no central place of this code... I
think I see bits of it across atleast 5 files.

I guess I will muddle though it... but I would have thought that either the
POVRay developers would be helpful, or atleast some patch developers might
expalain how they when about it.

>     Thorsten

What do you do in terms of POVRay development?  Are you upset because you
are in the same boat (trying to figure out what to do with only the code to
help?)

Regards
Lee

Post a reply to this message