POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Proposal for 4.0 core control Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:21:05 EDT (-0400)
  Proposal for 4.0 core control (Message 21 to 30 of 30)
From: Rick [Kitty5]
Subject: Re: Proposal for 4.0 core control
Date: 16 Oct 2002 05:20:07
Message: <3dad2f47@news.povray.org>
Thorsten Froehlich wrote:
> Well, as far as a scripting language for 4.0 we have been considering
> to allow functions written in Perl or maybe Scheme would be a good
> idea.  That would make all those people happy who don't like the
> current scripting capabilities.  And users could extend the GUI this
> way from inside POV-Ray scene files.

we want VB dammit :)

--
Rick

Kitty5 NewMedia http://Kitty5.co.uk
POV-Ray News & Resources http://Povray.co.uk
TEL : +44 (01270) 501101 - FAX : +44 (01270) 251105 - ICQ : 15776037

PGP Public Key

---

From: Philippe Lhoste
Date: 16 Oct 2002 09:28:25
Message: <Xns92A99D30A3346PhiLho@204.213.191.226>
"Rick [Kitty5]" <ric### [at] kitty5com> wrote in news:3dad2f47@news.povray.org:

> Thorsten Froehlich wrote:
>> Well, as far as a scripting language for 4.0 we have been considering
>> to allow functions written in Perl or maybe Scheme would be a good
>> idea.  That would make all those people happy who don't like the
>> current scripting capabilities.  And users could extend the GUI this
>> way from inside POV-Ray scene files.
>
> we want VB dammit :)

No, VB support of vectors is awful! Better use APL. The version which
needs special fonts and little stickers on the keyboard...

--
Philippe Lhoste (Paris -- France)

Post a reply to this message