POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Feature suggestion Server Time
5 Jul 2024 15:51:54 EDT (-0400)
  Feature suggestion (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Mark Weyer
Subject: Feature suggestion
Date: 14 Jan 2003 11:49:20
Message: <3E244239.41CBBB37@frege.mathematik.uni-freiburg.de>
Where is the right place for feature suggestions?

While patching an extended cylindircal camera mode,
I would have liked povray to support a freeform
camera mode. The user should supply two vector
functions LOCATION and DIRECTION. Then the ray
that belongs to position (x,y) on the screen will
start at LOCATION(x,y) and head in DIRECTION(x,y).
I understand that programmable vector functions
are planned for the next release anyway.
This feature's advantages:
- More flexible camera.
- More stable code, if the old camera types
  are subsumed by the new one.

Just a suggestion, I am fine with my patch.

  Mark

Post a reply to this message

On Tue, 14 Jan 2003 18:00:41 +0100, Mark Weyer
<wey### [at] fregemathematikuni-freiburgde> wrote:
> While patching an extended cylindircal camera mode,
> I would have liked povray to support a freeform
> camera mode. The user should supply two vector
> functions LOCATION and DIRECTION. Then the ray
> that belongs to position (x,y) on the screen will
> start at LOCATION(x,y) and head in DIRECTION(x,y).
> I understand that programmable vector functions
> are planned for the next release anyway.
> This feature's advantages:
> - More flexible camera.
> - More stable code, if the old camera types
>   are subsumed by the new one.
> Just a suggestion, I am fine with my patch.

there were some patches like your propositions in the past, either camera
based pigements and functions. dig in povray.programming and
povray.unofficial.patches.

ABX

Post a reply to this message