POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Feature suggestion : Feature suggestion Server Time
8 Jul 2024 19:12:38 EDT (-0400)
  Feature suggestion
From: Mark Weyer
Date: 14 Jan 2003 11:49:20
Message: <3E244239.41CBBB37@frege.mathematik.uni-freiburg.de>
Where is the right place for feature suggestions?

While patching an extended cylindircal camera mode,
I would have liked povray to support a freeform
camera mode. The user should supply two vector
functions LOCATION and DIRECTION. Then the ray
that belongs to position (x,y) on the screen will
start at LOCATION(x,y) and head in DIRECTION(x,y).
I understand that programmable vector functions
are planned for the next release anyway.
This feature's advantages:
- More flexible camera.
- More stable code, if the old camera types
  are subsumed by the new one.

Just a suggestion, I am fine with my patch.

  Mark