POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Profiling of optics.pov Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:22:27 EDT (-0400)
  Profiling of optics.pov (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: William F  Pokorny
Subject: Profiling of optics.pov
Date: 2 Sep 2002 08:07:31
Message: <3D735482.B94530A4@attglobal.net>
Thorsten,
Here is what I see for optics.pov :

41.4% ==> gatherPhotonsRec
21.1% ==> sqrt
17.9% ==> counting routine for profiling
5.6%  ==> fixDown
2.6%  ==> fixUp
2.2%  ==> more profiling overhead
2.1%  ==> scattering_attenuation
1.5%  ==> photonRgbe2colour
1.1%  ==> PQDelMax

The rest is all below 1%
Bill P.

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Subject: Re: Profiling of optics.pov
Date: 2 Sep 2002 08:11:57
Message: <3d73558d@news.povray.org>
William F. Pokorny <pok### [at] attglobalnet> wrote:
> 41.4% ==> gatherPhotonsRec

  I wonder if that happens at parse time or at rendering time. If it happens
at rendering time, then it may be a bit alarming.

> 17.9% ==> counting routine for profiling
> 5.6%  ==> fixDown
> 2.6%  ==> fixUp
> 2.2%  ==> more profiling overhead
> 2.1%  ==> scattering_attenuation
> 1.5%  ==> photonRgbe2colour
> 1.1%  ==> PQDelMax

Thank you very much!  This is very useful indeed.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde