POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : GL Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:15:54 EDT (-0400)
  GL (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: gridaine Loic
Subject: GL
Date: 12 Mar 2002 11:27:01
Message: <3C8E2D67.D70857A3@etudiant.univ-mlv.fr>
Hello,
	I want to remake the ray-tracer whith GL and i would like to find all
informations wich could help me if u've got something, tks before.

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Subject: Re: GL
Date: 12 Mar 2002 12:05:56
Message: <3c8e3574@news.povray.org>
gridaine Loic <lgr### [at] etudiantuniv-mlvfr> wrote:
> Hello,
> 	I want to remake the ray-tracer whith GL and i would like to find all
> informations wich could help me if u've got something, tks before.

  Do you even know what GL is?

Date: 12 Mar 2002 12:11:45
Message: <1kds8u8v219ookdvn1unu4dk58ajdhs0kh@4ax.com>
On 12 Mar 2002 12:05:56 -0500, Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> gridaine Loic <lgr### [at] etudiantuniv-mlvfr> wrote:
> > Hello,
> > 	I want to remake the ray-tracer whith GL and i would like to find all
> > informations wich could help me if u've got something, tks before.
>
>  Do you even know what GL is?

Looks like his initials :-)

ABX

Post a reply to this message

From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 12 Mar 2002 13:01:43
Message: <chrishuff-E95472.13011712032002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3C8E2D67.D70857A3@etudiant.univ-mlv.fr>,
 gridaine Loic <lgr### [at] etudiantuniv-mlvfr> wrote:

> 	I want to remake the ray-tracer whith GL and i would like to find all
> informations wich could help me if u've got something, tks before.

GL? You mean OpenGL?
Allowing POV to render previews in OpenGL has been discussed a lot, I
suggest you look through the older messages in this group. It is much
more difficult then it might look at first, since most shapes are traced
directly instead of being reduced to triangles, and OpenGL can't deal
with the objects directly. There is at least one other person looking at
doing this, and I'm thinking of making an attempt myself when POV 3.5
and the tesselation patch are both available, but doing anything right
now would be kind of pointless, it would become obsolete almost
immediately.

TAG web site: http://tag.povray.org/

Post a reply to this message