POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Question re: camera projection from a non-programmer Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:24:17 EDT (-0400)
  Question re: camera projection from a non-programmer (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Josh English
Subject: Question re: camera projection from a non-programmer
Date: 6 Mar 2001 09:57:33
Message: <3AA4FB39.671CFDE3@spiritone.com>
I am working on some tutorials about camera projections in
POV-Ray and MegaPov, and I think I have a pretty good
understanding of them, but I wanted to double check my facts
against the source code. I downloaded the code and I can't
seem to find the information regarding the actual
projections and how the individual rays are traced. All I am
looking for is the how the vectors of each "ray" is
organized by the camera projection.

A sample of what I'm doing can be seen at:
http://www.spiritone.com/~english/cyclopedia/cam_cylinder.html

Thanks for any direction you guys can give me. I gave up
programming a long time ago for various reasons, but I was
hoping that I'd make some sense of the source code.

--
Josh English -- Lexiphanic Lethomaniac
eng### [at] spiritonecom

Post a reply to this message

On Tue, 06 Mar 2001 06:59:05 -0800, Josh English wrote:
>All I am
>looking for is the how the vectors of each "ray" is
>organized by the camera projection.

You want the create_ray function in render.c.

My opinions.  Mine.  Not anyone else's.

Post a reply to this message

> On Tue, 06 Mar 2001 06:59:05 -0800, Josh English wrote:
> >All I am
> >looking for is the how the vectors of each "ray" is
> >organized by the camera projection.
>
> You want the create_ray function in render.c.

Thanks, Ron. This is exactly what I was looking for.