POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : URGENT: FRAME structure Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:26:48 EDT (-0400)
  URGENT: FRAME structure (Message 11 to 20 of 81)
From: Chris Huff
Subject: Re: URGENT: FRAME structure
Date: 27 Jul 2000 23:04:09
Message: <chrishuff-59ACE8.22045227072000@news.povray.org>
In article <3980ECAB.761DB51F@hotmail.com>, Pabs <pab### [at] hotmailcom>
wrote:

> Do any other IDEs have the equivalent of MSVC's Source Browser &
> ClassWizard functions.

It would help if you described what those features *are*.
MetroWerks CodeWarrior has a class browser which allows you to
graphically browse the class heirarchy and look at class members, and
has a nifty feature which allows you to find definitions/implementations
of #defines, structs, classes, and functions by simply highlighting a
word in the source code and popping up a contextual menu. There are
probably several other features of this sort in CodeWarrior, but I
haven't used them much.

TAG Web page: http://tag.povray.org/

Post a reply to this message

> > Do any other IDEs have the equivalent of MSVC's Source Browser &
> > ClassWizard functions.
>
> It would help if you described what those features *are*.

Source browser is like this.
When you compile a project M$VC saves all definitions & references of all
symbols to a browse file.  You can then bring up a list of these and for
functions call & callers lists & for classes & structs members lists & (I
think) inheritance lists.

> MetroWerks CodeWarrior has a class browser which allows you to
> graphically browse the class heirarchy and look at class members, and
> has a nifty feature which allows you to find definitions/implementations
> of #defines, structs, classes, and functions by simply highlighting a
> word in the source code and popping up a contextual menu. There are
> probably several other features of this sort in CodeWarrior, but I
> haven't used them much.

Classwizard is similar to what you describe & to Source browser but it is
more dynamic in that you don't need to recompile to find variables, structs
etc.

Both are a little deficient when it comes to defines & typedefs

--
Bye
Pabs

Post a reply to this message

> Both are a little deficient when it comes to defines & typedefs

So is the autocomplete function.

--
Bye
Pabs