POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : URGENT: FRAME structure : Re: URGENT: FRAME structure Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:27:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: URGENT: FRAME structure
From: Mikael Carneholm
Date: 18 Aug 2000 08:07:58
Message: <399D271A.FE0ECAFB@ida.utb.hb.se>
Warp wrote:

>   Btw, good OO design says that you DON'T put member attributes in the public
> part of a class.
>   Just a side note :)

Yep, that's right....but I (personally) do not think that any "project" in POV
will be large enough to require information hiding, which was (if I remember
correctly) the reason for inventing encapsulation. I don't think any POV user
would like having to write

#if(MyObject.getLocation()=scene.getCurrentCamera().getLookAt())
  MyObject.setLocation(fubar)
#end

...at least I know _I_ wouldn' t like it. I don't know about you, of
course....would you? :)

Mikael Carneholm, B.Sc.
Dep. of Computer Science and Business Administration

Personal homepage:
http://www.studenter.hb.se/~arch
E-mail:
sa9### [at] idautbhbse