POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Wave Dependent Rayleigh scattering In POV Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:31:12 EDT (-0400)
  Wave Dependent Rayleigh scattering In POV (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Ammar
Subject: Wave Dependent Rayleigh scattering In POV
Date: 9 May 2000 10:15:32
Message: <39181d84@news.povray.org>
Hi all....

Recently I have been studying the idea of rendering skies using a model
based on Rayleigh scattering. Some friends recommended POV-Ray as a very
good ray tracing program to use. After a number of weeks on this newsgroup,
a guy called Mark Wagner implemented such a model and he was kind enough to
give me the complete code. To be honest I can't get it to work and I have no
idea how the model was designed. There are alot  of .c and .h files and I
think someone with a good POV-Ray knowledge would probably be able to
understnd how it works.

I have a lot of questions that need answering so I would really appreciate
it if someone could help me out. I don't know if Mark allows me to give the
code to anyone, so if you have genuine interest in looking at it, please
email me back on a.a### [at] ueaacuk and I will send you the code.

Please this is urgent as I have my final exams comming up in 2 weeks time
and I don't  have a lot of time to spend on this.

Thanks

Ammar

Post a reply to this message

> Recently I have been studying the idea of rendering skies using a model
> based on Rayleigh scattering. Some friends recommended POV-Ray as a very
> good ray tracing program to use. After a number of weeks on this newsgroup,
> a guy called Mark Wagner implemented such a model and he was kind enough to
> give me the complete code. To be honest I can't get it to work and I have no
> idea how the model was designed. There are alot  of .c and .h files and I
> think someone with a good POV-Ray knowledge would probably be able to
> understnd how it works.
>
> I have a lot of questions that need answering so I would really appreciate
> it if someone could help me out. I don't know if Mark allows me to give the
> code to anyone, so if you have genuine interest in looking at it, please
> email me back on a.a### [at] ueaacuk and I will send you the code.
>
> Please this is urgent as I have my final exams comming up in 2 weeks time
> and I don't  have a lot of time to spend on this.
>
> Thanks
>
> Ammar

are you just trying to install povray so you can use it?  cause you don't
need to get all that source code like that.  there's an easy install setup
file dealy (i'm assuming you have windows).  just go to
http://www.povray.org/download/  and the source code is free for povray, so
don't worry about it.  and yes, it does have rayleigh scattering.  when you
get the program installed, do a help search for rayleigh and you'll find
it.  hope that helps!!

Post a reply to this message

> are you just trying to install povray so you can use it?  cause you don't
> need to get all that source code like that.  there's an easy install setup
> file dealy (i'm assuming you have windows).  just go to
> http://www.povray.org/download/  and the source code is free for povray, so
> don't worry about it.  and yes, it does have rayleigh scattering.  when you
> get the program installed, do a help search for rayleigh and you'll find
> it.  hope that helps!!

The message you replied to is a little old...it was posted back in 2000.
You might need to make some adjustments to your newsreader...

Aside from that, Ammar was trying to compile a patch, so he did need the
source code.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: <chr### [at] tagpovrayorg>
http://tag.povray.org/