POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Wave Dependent Rayleigh scattering In POV : Wave Dependent Rayleigh scattering In POV Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:28:50 EDT (-0400)
  Wave Dependent Rayleigh scattering In POV
From: Ammar
Date: 9 May 2000 10:15:32
Message: <39181d84@news.povray.org>
Hi all....

Recently I have been studying the idea of rendering skies using a model
based on Rayleigh scattering. Some friends recommended POV-Ray as a very
good ray tracing program to use. After a number of weeks on this newsgroup,
a guy called Mark Wagner implemented such a model and he was kind enough to
give me the complete code. To be honest I can't get it to work and I have no
idea how the model was designed. There are alot  of .c and .h files and I
think someone with a good POV-Ray knowledge would probably be able to
understnd how it works.

I have a lot of questions that need answering so I would really appreciate
it if someone could help me out. I don't know if Mark allows me to give the
code to anyone, so if you have genuine interest in looking at it, please
email me back on a.a### [at] ueaacuk and I will send you the code.

Please this is urgent as I have my final exams comming up in 2 weeks time
and I don't  have a lot of time to spend on this.

Thanks

Ammar