POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Persistent Variables Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:23:37 EDT (-0400)
  Persistent Variables (Message 1 to 10 of 12)
From: Pabs
Subject: Persistent Variables
Date: 16 Nov 1999 23:53:57
Message: <383234E0.BAECF333@hotmail.com>
Its about time persistent variables showed up in either the official of
non-official versions of POV-ray

Post a reply to this message

From: Ron Parker
Subject: Re: Persistent Variables
Date: 16 Nov 1999 23:58:50
Message: <383435eb.744970646@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 17 Nov 1999 12:53:52 +0800, Pabs <pab### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:

>Its about time persistent variables showed up in either the official of
>non-official versions of POV-ray

So write a patch.

--
NOT speaking for the POV-Team.  Definitely not.

From: Nieminen Juha
Date: 17 Nov 1999 05:46:27
Message: <38328783@news.povray.org>
Pabs <pab### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
: Its about time persistent variables showed up in either the official of
: non-official versions of POV-ray

  It's easy. Write something like this at the beginning of the scene:

#if(clock=0)
  // set initial values to the persistent variables
#else
  #fopen iFile "variables.dat" read
  // read values for persistent variables from iFile
  #fclose iFile
#end

  At the end of the scene:

#fopen oFile "variables.dat" write
// write values of persistent values to oFile separated with commas
#fclose oFile

  I have used this method in my 'robots' irtc animation with success.