POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Humble idea to the POV team Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:24:38 EDT (-0400)
  Humble idea to the POV team (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Maneesh Yadav
Subject: Humble idea to the POV team
Date: 20 Jan 1999 17:26:56
Message: <36A6594F.D000DD3F@utpulse.com>
I don't know if this has been brought up before but....

First off, hats off to the POV team, you guys are amazing.
But you guys put in a lot of effort on two ends really, an amazing
raytracer AND a parser.
Now for the next major POV release, I hear you guys are thinking about
C++, and that's a good idea, but maybe it would be best to somehow
design hooks for POV to a scripting language, why duplicate the effort
of a porgramming language for POV? I mean (although I love it) we just
got to use macros, something that is part of virtually every scripting
language.  I've seen raytracers that are libraries that you compile with
your code to produce a raytraced image, maybe the best idea would be an
interpited scripting lanugage language...like Perl or REBOL (it's new
www.rebol.com)?  This way it's easy to do things like do advanced non
kludgy code, and best of all, you don't have to maintain a paraser!

Post a reply to this message

Maneesh Yadav <cj### [at] utpulsecom> wrote:
: I've seen raytracers that are libraries that you compile with
: your code

  I think the rules in povlegal.doc (I hope I remembered the file name right)
forbid this.

--
main(i){char*_="BdsyFBThhHFBThhHFRz]NFTITQF|DJIFHQhhF";while(i=
*_++)for(;i>1;printf("%s",i-70?i&1?"[]":" ":(i=0,"\n")),i/=2);} /*- Warp. -*/

Post a reply to this message