POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Humble idea to the POV team : Re: Humble idea to the POV team Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:25:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Humble idea to the POV team
From: Axel Hecht
Date: 22 Jan 1999 10:36:48
Message: <36A89B3C.765CB98A@numerik.uni-kiel.de>
Nieminen Mika wrote:

> Maneesh Yadav <cj### [at] utpulsecom> wrote:
> : I've seen raytracers that are libraries that you compile with
> : your code
>
>   I think the rules in povlegal.doc (I hope I remembered the file name right)
> forbid this.

Well, I know the point is not decided yet, but if the PovTeam goes for a
complete rewrite there is a chance to change the license.
There are a lot of OpenSource-licenses available, that provide a strict
protection of the code to remain under that license, and give the
original authors full control over name and versioning. I don't know if
the PovTeam wants to, but they could shurely dive their heads into the
licenses of Mozilla or QT.

Axel