POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : problem with vlength() Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:28:42 EDT (-0400)
  problem with vlength() (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Michael Lunnay
Subject: problem with vlength()
Date: 8 Nov 1998 04:37:29
Message: <364565FA.4FC9B82E@box.net.au>
I am trying to calculate the distance between two vectors, Every time I
try and run my pov file I recieve the message "error: Attempted to
redifine vector identifier as float identifier". I also recieve the same
error if trying to use sqrt(vdot()). Both of the points are vectors, one
from a array. If I use the same functions within the function str() in a
#debug operation I recieve a valid float answer. can anyone please help
me.

Michael Lunnay

Post a reply to this message

On Sun, 08 Nov 1998 20:05:54 +1030, Michael Lunnay <ra### [at] boxnetau> wrote:
>I am trying to calculate the distance between two vectors, Every time I
>try and run my pov file I recieve the message "error: Attempted to
>redifine vector identifier as float identifier". I also recieve the same
>error if trying to use sqrt(vdot()). Both of the points are vectors, one
>from a array. If I use the same functions within the function str() in a
>#debug operation I recieve a valid float answer. can anyone please help
>me.

This probably isn't strictly a question for povray.programming, which
is for dicussion of the POV source code, not the scripting language, but
since you asked it here...

Could you give us some idea what your source code looks like?  Without
that, we can't possibly tell you what you're doing wrong.