POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : problem with vlength() : problem with vlength() Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:35:12 EDT (-0400)
  problem with vlength()
From: Michael Lunnay
Date: 8 Nov 1998 04:37:29
Message: <364565FA.4FC9B82E@box.net.au>
I am trying to calculate the distance between two vectors, Every time I
try and run my pov file I recieve the message "error: Attempted to
redifine vector identifier as float identifier". I also recieve the same
error if trying to use sqrt(vdot()). Both of the points are vectors, one
from a array. If I use the same functions within the function str() in a
#debug operation I recieve a valid float answer. can anyone please help
me.

Michael Lunnay