POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Internet POV Modeller/Animator Project??? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:20:38 EDT (-0400)
  Internet POV Modeller/Animator Project??? (Message 10 to 19 of 29)
<<< Previous 9 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>
From: Ronald L  Parker
Subject: Re: Internet POV Modeller/Animator Project???
Date: 22 May 1998 23:34:06
Message: <35664337.428119433@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 22 May 1998 14:13:33 +1000, "Stuart Anderson"
<stu### [at] backmeupnetau> wrote:

>POV is not Object Oriented but this is not
>neccessarily a problem.

Contrary to popular belief, POV is object-oriented.  It's just not
written in any of the OO camp's favorite languages.  It takes a bit
more work to achieve OO in C, but remember that the first C++
compilers were just frontends for C compilers.  POV even has virtual
function tables, and has since at least V2.2 (when I started hacking
the code - it probably has been OO for even longer.)

Post a reply to this message