POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : POV-Ray 3.1b for Windows doesn't render simple scenes properly Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:11:07 EDT (-0400)
  POV-Ray 3.1b for Windows doesn't render simple scenes properly (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Christopher Tate
Subject: POV-Ray 3.1b for Windows doesn't render simple scenes properly
Date: 10 Jul 1998 11:50:48
Message: <30E8B655.89D9B5D7@world.std.com>
Rendering that old standby Pawns.pov (in scenes/objects/) shows odd
texture artifacts in the chessboard tiling.  I'm not familiar with POV's
implementation, but it looks as though the determination of which
texture(s) lie at which point is broken.  I rendered it at 1280x1024
with antialiasing; I assume that smaller sizes will also exhibit this
bug to anyone interested in tracking it down.

--
Chris Tate
cta### [at] worldstdcom

Post a reply to this message

You might want to fix your system date.. ;-P  I had to wonder, even for a
split second, how you saw 3.1 in '96..  ;-P

Thomas Charron