POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.pov4.discussion.general : Feature Request: optical distortion Server Time
29 Mar 2024 03:19:25 EDT (-0400)
  Feature Request: optical distortion (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: IGM
Subject: Feature Request: optical distortion
Date: 5 Oct 2018 05:15:01
Message: <web.5bb72a6fc6953431776fc67d0@news.povray.org>
Hi,
I suggest to implement the excellent work by Clemens Rabe:
http://www.clemensrabe.com/computer-vision/pov-ray/simulation-of-lense-distortion
about the new camera type with optical distorion.

Optical distortion modeling is increasingly important due to modern artificial
vision studies and applications.

After several searches, I didn't find much about this feature in Pov-Ray. If I'm
wrong and this feature is yet implemented (or in program) I apologize.

Thank you
igmar

Post a reply to this message

> I suggest to implement the excellent work by Clemens Rabe:
> http://www.clemensrabe.com/computer-vision/pov-ray/simulation-of-lense-distortion
> about the new camera type with optical distorion.
>
> Optical distortion modeling is increasingly important due to modern artificial
> vision studies and applications.
>
> After several searches, I didn't find much about this feature in Pov-Ray. If I'm
> wrong and this feature is yet implemented (or in program) I apologize.

I see a patch for 3.6,1 but what is the license ?

Post a reply to this message