POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.pov4.discussion.general : Support of NURBS-Surfaces Server Time
28 Mar 2024 06:17:10 EDT (-0400)
  Support of NURBS-Surfaces (Message 1 to 10 of 16)
From: H  Karsten
Subject: Support of NURBS-Surfaces
Date: 11 Nov 2009 13:55:01
Message: <web.4afb068fe011e9f5da6353d60@news.povray.org>
As you all know, PovRay supports bezier-patch surfaces.

A support of NURBS would be great! :)

see:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-uniform_rational_B-spline

Holger

Post a reply to this message

From: clipka
Subject: Re: Support of NURBS-Surfaces
Date: 11 Nov 2009 17:10:01
Message: <4afb3639@news.povray.org>
H. Karsten schrieb:
> As you all know, PovRay supports bezier-patch surfaces.
>
> A support of NURBS would be great! :)

Strictly speaking, POV-Ray already /has/ built-in NURBS support, as
unless I'm totally mistaken NURBS are just one special case of the type
of patches POV-Ray supports via the "parametric" primitive.

But yes, something like the "mesh" primitive for NURBS might be neat.

Are there any standard file formats for storing NURBS data, such as .obj
  is for meshes?

Post a reply to this message