POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Mike Williams Isosurface Tutorial - Down? Server Time
28 Mar 2024 07:25:18 EDT (-0400)
  Mike Williams Isosurface Tutorial - Down? (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Bald Eagle
Subject: Mike Williams Isosurface Tutorial - Down?
Date: 20 Feb 2021 20:40:01
Message: <web.6031b8d926a55d191f9dae300@news.povray.org>
Just tried to visit

http://www.econym.demon.co.uk

and I couldn't reach the site.  :O  :(

I hope

1. Mike is ok
2. The site comes back online
3. Most of it has been mirrored somewhere.

Post a reply to this message

From: Dick Balaska
Subject: Re: Mike Williams Isosurface Tutorial - Down?
Date: 21 Feb 2021 15:12:47
Message: <6032bebf$1@news.povray.org>
On 2/20/2021 8:35 PM, Bald Eagle wrote:

> Just tried to visit
>
> http://www.econym.demon.co.uk
>
> and I couldn't reach the site.  :O  :(
>
> I hope
>
> 1. Mike is ok
> 2. The site comes back online
> 3. Most of it has been mirrored somewhere.

The name won't resolve, which means somebody didn't pay their DNS fee.
He may even be unaware of it. (microsoft.com famously went down and a
good Samaritan noticed and paid the fee.)

The wayback machine is awesome.
http://web.archive.org/web/20200805032018/http://www.econym.demon.co.uk/

It even has stuff I no longer have on my site, like this birth
announcement for my 24 year old daughter.
http://web.archive.org/web/20000902173831/http://www.buckosoft.com/~dick/kids/audrey_birth.html

--
dik
Rendered 50,081,587,200 of 50,081,587,200 pixels (100%)

Post a reply to this message