POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Mike Williams Isosurface Tutorial - Down? : Re: Mike Williams Isosurface Tutorial - Down? Server Time
23 Apr 2024 13:15:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mike Williams Isosurface Tutorial - Down?
From: Kenneth
Date: 21 Feb 2021 18:55:00
Message: <web.6032f276596ec1f1d98418910@news.povray.org>
Dick Balaska <dic### [at] buckosoftcom> wrote:
> On 2/20/2021 8:35 PM, Bald Eagle wrote:
> >

> The name won't resolve, which means somebody didn't pay their DNS fee.
> He may even be unaware of it. (microsoft.com famously went down and a
> good Samaritan noticed and paid the fee.)
>
> The wayback machine is awesome.
> http://web.archive.org/web/20200805032018/http://www.econym.demon.co.uk/

I hope The Wayback Machine continues to pay *its* DNS fees! Otherwise... global
chaos! The memory bank for it must be the size of Greenland, to hold all of its
archived stuff-- which I assume continues at an ever-increasing pace.

> It even has stuff I no longer have on my site, like this birth
> announcement for my 24 year old daughter.

http://web.archive.org/web/20000902173831/http://www.buckosoft.com/~dick/kids/audrey_birth.html

That's a really funny/crazy story; glad it all worked out in the end. To have a
doctor lose conciousness *while* performing an operation-- wow! :-O