POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Here we go again Server Time
28 Apr 2024 02:28:29 EDT (-0400)
  Here we go again (Message 1 to 10 of 20)
From: Cousin Ricky
Subject: Here we go again
Date: 10 Jul 2018 14:35:04
Message: <web.5b44fb1b575a2a4b93ab27150@news.povray.org>
Wild brownouts.  Problem determined to be electric utility's connectors.
Utility has no spare connectors, and attempts repair of faulty connectors.
Wild, freaky, roller coaster brownouts announce that repair has failed.  Off the
grid and back on emergency generator from the post-hurricane days.

Brownout drains computer battery in approximately 2 minutes.  Will not recharge.
 New battery ordered.  Will not charge.  Also, computer freezes up at
unpredictable moments.

Utility finally convinced to take another look.  House back on grid, but wire
gauge mismatch is discovered between house and utility feed.  Situation OK for
now, but wholesale rewiring is in our future.  Any more brownouts, we're off the
grid indefinitely.

AC adapter determined as reason battery fails to charge.  Yes, the same one I
replaced last year.  (Warranty expired last month.)  Computer freaks out on
shutdown.  Computer freaks out on startup.  Computer is unusable.  Suspect
computer is fried.

Will not settle for AMDs or Intel Core i3s in local OfficeMax.  Local PC
entrepreneur is expensive and has weeks of backlog.  No POVing for the near
future.  :-(

Post a reply to this message

On 10.07.2018 20:29, Cousin Ricky wrote:
> Wild brownouts.  Problem determined to be electric utility's connectors.
> Utility has no spare connectors, and attempts repair of faulty connectors.
> Wild, freaky, roller coaster brownouts announce that repair has failed.  Off the
> grid and back on emergency generator from the post-hurricane days.
>
> Brownout drains computer battery in approximately 2 minutes.  Will not recharge.
>   New battery ordered.  Will not charge.  Also, computer freezes up at
> unpredictable moments.
>
> Utility finally convinced to take another look.  House back on grid, but wire
> gauge mismatch is discovered between house and utility feed.  Situation OK for
> now, but wholesale rewiring is in our future.  Any more brownouts, we're off the
> grid indefinitely.
>
> AC adapter determined as reason battery fails to charge.  Yes, the same one I
> replaced last year.  (Warranty expired last month.)  Computer freaks out on
> shutdown.  Computer freaks out on startup.  Computer is unusable.  Suspect
> computer is fried.
>
> Will not settle for AMDs or Intel Core i3s in local OfficeMax.  Local PC
> entrepreneur is expensive and has weeks of backlog.  No POVing for the near
> future.  :-(

Seems that civilization is beginning to collapse in your part of the
world (the Caribbean, do I remember well?)...

See you in Khyberspace - but without electricity, who will ever access
to Khyberspace?

Yadgar

Post a reply to this message

=?UTF-8?Q?J=c3=b6rg_=22Yadgar=22_Bleimann?= <yaz### [at] gmxde> wrote:
> Hi(gh)!
>
> Seems that civilization is beginning to collapse in your part of the
> world (the Caribbean, do I remember well?)...
>
> See you in Khyberspace - but without electricity, who will ever access
> to Khyberspace?

Civilization is fine here in the Caribbean.  It's our massive neighbor to our
northwest that I'm skittish about.  (My/their president seems to think that your
chancellor is a puppet of Putin.  That is some industrial grade projection.)

Post a reply to this message

On 12/07/2018 14:58, Cousin Ricky wrote:
> =?UTF-8?Q?J=c3=b6rg_=22Yadgar=22_Bleimann?= <yaz### [at] gmxde> wrote:
>> Hi(gh)!
>>
>> Seems that civilization is beginning to collapse in your part of the
>> world (the Caribbean, do I remember well?)...
>>
>> See you in Khyberspace - but without electricity, who will ever access
>> to Khyberspace?
>
> Civilization is fine here in the Caribbean.  It's our massive neighbor to our
> northwest that I'm skittish about.  (My/their president seems to think that your
> chancellor is a puppet of Putin.  That is some industrial grade projection.)

 From my memories, civilisation is higher on the islands than in lots of
places in Europe and the Americas. By that I mean that the people are
more civilised.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> On 12/07/2018 14:58, Cousin Ricky wrote:
> > =?UTF-8?Q?J=c3=b6rg_=22Yadgar=22_Bleimann?= <yaz### [at] gmxde> wrote:
> >> Hi(gh)!
> >>
> >> Seems that civilization is beginning to collapse in your part of the
> >> world (the Caribbean, do I remember well?)...
> >>
> >> See you in Khyberspace - but without electricity, who will ever access
> >> to Khyberspace?
> >
> > Civilization is fine here in the Caribbean.  It's our massive neighbor to our
> > northwest that I'm skittish about.  (My/their president seems to think that your
> > chancellor is a puppet of Putin.  That is some industrial grade projection.)
> >

>  From my memories, civilisation is higher on the islands than in lots of
> places in Europe and the Americas. By that I mean that the people are
> more civilised.

Except when it comes to LGBT rights and the spanking of children.  On both those
issues, West Indians are doubling down *hard*.

Post a reply to this message