POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Chrome scans your files Server Time
28 Apr 2024 01:12:10 EDT (-0400)
  Chrome scans your files (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Bald Eagle
Subject: Chrome scans your files
Date: 9 Apr 2018 15:15:00
Message: <web.5acbbb3e50a2b937c437ac910@news.povray.org>
FYI.

http://www.informationliberation.com/?id=58227

Post a reply to this message

From: clipka
Subject: Re: Chrome scans your files
Date: 10 Apr 2018 01:59:31
Message: <5acc52c3$1@news.povray.org>
Am 09.04.2018 um 21:13 schrieb Bald Eagle:

> FYI.
>
> http://www.informationliberation.com/?id=58227

Make sure to read the whole article, not just the headlines.

Post a reply to this message

From: clipka
Date: 10 Apr 2018 02:23:05
Message: <5acc5849$1@news.povray.org>
Am 10.04.2018 um 07:59 schrieb clipka:
> Am 09.04.2018 um 21:13 schrieb Bald Eagle:
>>
>> FYI.
>>
>> http://www.informationliberation.com/?id=58227
>
> Make sure to read the whole article, not just the headlines.

Or, better yet, read the original Vice article they're quoting:

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/wj7x9w/google-chrome-scans-files-on-your-windows-computer-chrome-cleanup-tool

As for the Information Liberation article, don't expect impartiality
from the author; in the article, they write about Google (emphasis added):

"This is the most dangerous company in the world and THEY'RE DOING
EVERYTHING in their power to CRUSH MY SITE and others who go against the
narrative."

Regardless of whether or not that statement may or may not be true, they
clearly have a personal stake in this.

I like the Vice article concluding that anyone that paranoid about
Google should really not be using their browser in the first place.

Post a reply to this message