POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Raytracing in games soon? Server Time
3 May 2024 05:02:26 EDT (-0400)
  Raytracing in games soon? (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: nemesis
Subject: Raytracing in games soon?
Date: 23 Mar 2018 14:00:01
Message: <web.5ab5400573a233a483b2b3f0@news.povray.org>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NsdM1VS5u8

Microsoft and Nvidia have taken some devs to showcase in the latest GDC the
real-time raytracing of their latest cards and drivers.  who would tell such a
day would come, huh?  soone enough, real soft shadows, real reflections and all,
of course blended with the base scanline rendering and many deferred shading
processes.

next generation games in a few years will be amazing.  all the while, I've been
having quite a lot of fun with PSVR games and more dated, but incredibly
immersive gameplay...

the future came and we didn't even realize it... o_0

Post a reply to this message

> Microsoft and Nvidia have taken some devs to showcase in the latest GDC the
> real-time raytracing of their latest cards and drivers.  who would tell such a
> day would come, huh?  soone enough, real soft shadows, real reflections and all,
> of course blended with the base scanline rendering and many deferred shading
> processes.
>
> next generation games in a few years will be amazing.  all the while, I've been
> having quite a lot of fun with PSVR games and more dated, but incredibly
> immersive gameplay...
>
> the future came and we didn't even realize it... o_0

Video games already do more than *I* am capable of, personally, with
POV-Ray.

;)

Mike

Post a reply to this message

On 23/03/2018 21:01, Mike Horvath wrote:
> On 3/23/2018 1:57 PM, nemesis wrote:
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NsdM1VS5u8
>>
>> Microsoft and Nvidia have taken some devs to showcase in the latest
>> GDC the

>> tell such a

>> reflections and all,
>> of course blended with the base scanline rendering and many deferred
>> shading
>> processes.
>>

>> I've been
>> having quite a lot of fun with PSVR games and more dated, but incredibly
>> immersive gameplay...
>>
>> the future came and we didn't even realize it... o_0
>>

> Video games already do more than *I* am capable of, personally, with
> POV-Ray.
>
> ;)

And that is an animation at, what, 60/90 fps?

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message