POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Paul Stamets Interview Server Time
4 May 2024 20:36:13 EDT (-0400)
  Paul Stamets Interview (Message 1 to 10 of 29)
From: Bald Eagle
Subject: Paul Stamets Interview
Date: 13 Dec 2017 13:15:00
Message: <web.5a316d0b60f8fdaac437ac910@news.povray.org>
I've read two of Paul's excellent books, and I just came across this interview
accidentally:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2M71X-dspU4

Really quite an amazing 20 minutes.

Stephen and others ought to enjoy this immensely.  :)

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Paul Stamets Interview
Date: 13 Dec 2017 15:16:08
Message: <5a318a88@news.povray.org>
On 13/12/2017 18:10, Bald Eagle wrote:

> I've read two of Paul's excellent books, and I just came across this interview
> accidentally:
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2M71X-dspU4
>
> Really quite an amazing 20 minutes.
>
> Stephen and others ought to enjoy this immensely.  :)

Sorry, BE.
I watched seven minutes before I stopped watching. There were so many
alarm bells going off in my mind it became a trial to watch. He exudes
"con man" to me both in his body language and how he spoke.
But that is just me. I am sure others might enjoy it.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

Actually, I feel quite upset after watching it.
I can't say why.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

>> I've read two of Paul's excellent books, and I just came across this
>> interview accidentally:
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2M71X-dspU4
>> Really quite an amazing 20 minutes.

very interesting interview.

>> Stephen and others ought to enjoy this immensely.  :)
> I watched seven minutes before I stopped watching. There were so many
> alarm bells going off in my mind it became a trial to watch. He exudes
> "con man" to me both in his body language and how he spoke.

hm.  not getting that (though his T shirt made him look a vicar).  I
thought he was quite careful in qualifying/defining his points.

> But that is just me. I am sure others might enjoy it.

well I enjoyed the intellectual "jolt".

> Actually, I feel quite upset after watching it.
> I can't say why.

it'd be interesting to know though..

regards, jr.

Post a reply to this message