POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Frivolities Server Time
16 Jun 2024 07:33:18 EDT (-0400)
  Frivolities (Message 4 to 13 of 23)
<<< Previous 3 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>
From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Re: Frivolities
Date: 8 Dec 2017 02:40:23
Message: <5a2a41e7@news.povray.org>
On 7-12-2017 23:28, Stephen wrote:
> Talking about Frivolities
>
> I can hardly get my head around this one.
>
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-42271150

Clearly another example of evolution in action. Getting more intelligent
along the way; weaning out stupidity. :-)

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

From: dick balaska
Date: 8 Dec 2017 02:55:50
Message: <5a2a4586$1@news.povray.org>
On 12/08/2017 02:40 AM, Thomas de Groot wrote:

> Clearly another example of evolution in action. Getting more intelligent
> along the way; weaning out stupidity. :-)

I don't know ... stupid seems to be running the show here in the states.
Suddenly, ignorance is an admirable trait.

--
dik

Post a reply to this message

On 08/12/2017 07:55, dick balaska wrote:

>> Clearly another example of evolution in action. Getting more
>> intelligent along the way; weaning out stupidity. :-)
>>

> I don't know ... stupid seems to be running the show here in the states.
> Suddenly, ignorance is an admirable trait.

I'll vote for that. :-)

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> On 08/12/2017 07:55, dick balaska wrote:
>> On 12/08/2017 02:40 AM, Thomas de Groot wrote:
>>

>>> Clearly another example of evolution in action. Getting more
>>> intelligent along the way; weaning out stupidity. :-)
>>>

>> I don't know ... stupid seems to be running the show here in the states.
>> Suddenly, ignorance is an admirable trait.
>>

> I'll vote for that. :-)

There is something like retrograde evolution ;-)

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

dick balaska <dic### [at] buckosoftcom> wrote:

> I don't know ... stupid seems to be running the show here in the states.
> Suddenly, ignorance is an admirable trait.

"Suddenly?"
Ignorance and the perpetuation of drivel have been pervasive in this culture for
as long as I have been aware.

http://www.azquotes.com/picture-quotes/quote-there-is-a-cult-of-ignorance-in-the-united-states-and-there-has-always-bee
n-the-strain-isaac-asimov-46-11-18.jpg

Post a reply to this message

> dick balaska <dic### [at] buckosoftcom> wrote:
>
>> I don't know ... stupid seems to be running the show here in the states.
>> Suddenly, ignorance is an admirable trait.
>
> "Suddenly?"
> Ignorance and the perpetuation of drivel have been pervasive in this culture for
> as long as I have been aware.

http://www.azquotes.com/picture-quotes/quote-there-is-a-cult-of-ignorance-in-the-united-states-and-there-has-always-bee
> n-the-strain-isaac-asimov-46-11-18.jpg

Ooooh! That's an interesting one. Going to note it down in my Citations
Collection.

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

> I can hardly get my head around this one.
>
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-42271150

Follow up

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-birmingham-42288252/prankster-defends-cementing-head-in-microwave

--