POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I give up rendering, part 4 Server Time
1 Jul 2024 01:34:10 EDT (-0400)
  I give up rendering, part 4 (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: jhu
Subject: I give up rendering, part 4
Date: 15 Mar 2016 17:20:01
Message: <web.56e87c0e47ead0257a3818f90@news.povray.org>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44M7JsKqwow

Post a reply to this message

From: scott
Subject: Re: I give up rendering, part 4
Date: 16 Mar 2016 03:42:20
Message: <56e90e5c$1@news.povray.org>

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44M7JsKqwow

about 6 years. I can't wait to get older :-)

The first half indoors looked brilliant, but I was less blown away with
the outdoor scene. Something didn't look quite right, but I can't put my
finger on it.

Post a reply to this message

> The first half indoors looked brilliant, but I was less blown away with
> the outdoor scene. Something didn't look quite right, but I can't put my
> finger on it.

Uncanny valley as far as the body movement goes. To me it is obvious
that mocap was used, quite too human in the hips and shoulders.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> > The first half indoors looked brilliant, but I was less blown away with
> > the outdoor scene. Something didn't look quite right, but I can't put my
> > finger on it.
> >

> Uncanny valley as far as the body movement goes. To me it is obvious
> that mocap was used, quite too human in the hips and shoulders.

To be expected, considering that these are people trapped in robotic bodies.
Look at the screen in its chest: That's a prisoner profile.

Absolutely horrifying.

And to think there are people who want this technology to exist.  No thank-you,
I'll keep my frail body and my date with mortality.

Regards,
A.D.B.

Post a reply to this message