POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I give up rendering, part 4 : Re: I give up rendering, part 4 Server Time
2 Jul 2024 23:24:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I give up rendering, part 4
From: scott
Date: 17 Mar 2016 05:16:08
Message: <56ea75d8$1@news.povray.org>
> And to think there are people who want this technology to exist.  No thank-you,
> I'll keep my frail body and my date with mortality.

Forget about the robot hardware, just get a copy of your brain up and
running in software. Imagine how efficiently you could use a computer
then, none of this controlling muscles in an elaborate way to type an
"A" or move a pointer on the screen. You could just turn on "thought
input" and as you think lines of text, pictures or sounds it gets
written to a file :-) Just don't forget to keep daily backups of
yourself in case you screw something up.

And have a big project that needs to be done quickly? Just create 10
copies of your brain to run in parallel. But make sure the copies are
running in some kind of sand-box environment, otherwise you might have a
problem...