POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Text to SVG Server Time
1 Jul 2024 01:29:55 EDT (-0400)
  Text to SVG (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: Bald Eagle
Subject: Text to SVG
Date: 28 Feb 2016 21:30:01
Message: <web.56d3aca979b2a9385e7df57c0@news.povray.org>
Was wondering if anyone knew of some software or (nowadays) a website that would
take text and reliably convert it (in the chosen font) to discrete SVG objects.
Either that, or explain how to make use of these "SVG fonts" I've seen
mentioned,
or how to use the font file itself to sort of directly create an SVG object.

The end of my work flow is usually SVG ---> DXF  ----> import to proprietary
software, and the text never seems to "make it through", and the proprietary
software seems to handle text horribly.

Thanks!

Post a reply to this message

> Was wondering if anyone knew of some software or (nowadays) a website that would
> take text and reliably convert it (in the chosen font) to discrete SVG objects.
> Either that, or explain how to make use of these "SVG fonts" I've seen
> mentioned,
> or how to use the font file itself to sort of directly create an SVG object.
>
> The end of my work flow is usually SVG ---> DXF  ----> import to proprietary
> software, and the text never seems to "make it through", and the proprietary
> software seems to handle text horribly.
>

> Thanks!

Have you tried InkScape? That might work for you.

Mike

Post a reply to this message