POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Linux guru question Server Time
3 Jul 2024 01:34:03 EDT (-0400)
  Linux guru question (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Anthony D  Baye
Subject: Linux guru question
Date: 31 Aug 2015 18:10:00
Message: <web.55e4d02ad32dd1712aaea5cb0@news.povray.org>
In linux the default priority for any given user-initiated process is 0.  Which
means that when I run povray, its cpu priority is dead last.  I've gotten in the
habit of running sudo top alongside so that I can renice the process to -20, but
this only affects the main thread as far as I can tell.  All child threads have
a priority of 0.

Is there a way to configure linux so that povray and all of its child threads
are given top priority?

Regards,
A.D.B.

Post a reply to this message