POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I need a new computer: RAID and other questions Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:19:05 EDT (-0400)
  I need a new computer: RAID and other questions (Message 16 to 25 of 55)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: I need a new computer: RAID and other questions
Date: 24 Jan 2013 13:22:50
Message: <51017bfa$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 24 Jan 2013 17:08:52 +0100, Le_Forgeron wrote:

> updating backup (using rsync) take less time (but still a bit), but I'm
> lazy so I do it once in a while.

One word:  cron. :)

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: Cousin Ricky
Date: 25 Jan 2013 11:40:00
Message: <web.5102b4e4ca79cfd978641e0c0@news.povray.org>
> One word:  cron. :)

Not in my community.  That's a good way to fry the backup disk.

Post a reply to this message

From: James Holsenback
Date: 25 Jan 2013 12:48:30
Message: <5102c56e$1@news.povray.org>
On 01/25/2013 11:37 AM, Cousin Ricky wrote:
>> One word:  cron. :)
>
> Not in my community.  That's a good way to fry the backup disk.

LOL ... What??!!??

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 25 Jan 2013 14:42:10
Message: <5102e012$1@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 25 Jan 2013 11:37:56 -0500, Cousin Ricky wrote:

>> One word:  cron. :)
>
> Not in my community.  That's a good way to fry the backup disk.

Depends on the options used.  For example, if the purpose is to back up
data, using it to mirror data would be counterproductive.

But the data needs to get on the backup drive somehow - using cron + rsync
gets it there with a minimum of hassle and only writes the changes.

Jim

Post a reply to this message