POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : "If you didn't pay for it, you're being sold." Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:32:35 EDT (-0400)
  "If you didn't pay for it, you're being sold." (Message 41 to 50 of 80)
From: Cousin Ricky
Subject: Re: "If you didn't pay for it, you're being sold."
Date: 6 Oct 2011 21:05:00
Message: <web.4e8e4ef89c45ade278641e0c0@news.povray.org>
> On Wed, 05 Oct 2011 22:48:02 -0400, Cousin Ricky wrote:
> > I don't consider it spam if the advertiser pays for the ad.
>
> So those "cheap meds" messages don't count as spam?  The seller does pay
> someone to send the message, after all...

I meant if the advertiser pays for the medium on which its advertising.  I.e.,
Invisible gets to use FB for "free" (on the surface) because that poorly
targeted singles ad paid for it.  Paying someone to use a third party's
resources without the consent of or compensation to the third party doesn't
count.

Post a reply to this message