POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Tablet PCs Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:23:00 EDT (-0400)
  Tablet PCs (Message 1 to 10 of 52)
From: Stephen
Subject: Tablet PCs
Date: 1 Sep 2011 00:35:01
Message: <web.4e5f0b4e4c083fdcfbf07d360@news.povray.org>

Why would I want one, what could I use it for and which makes are good?
Price range, up to about USD 400. Could go higher if my wife does not know ;-)
</joke>

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: Tablet PCs
Date: 1 Sep 2011 00:59:24
Message: <4e5f112c@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 01 Sep 2011 00:34:22 -0400, Stephen wrote:

> My current project is coming to an end and I’ve already got my next
one
> set up. So I would like to treat myself. I’ve been thinking about
buying
> a tablet pc while I’m in the USA (it is generally cheaper than the
UK).
> Why would I want one, what could I use it for and which makes are good?
> Price range, up to about USD 400. Could go higher if my wife does not
> know ;-) </joke>

Well, you could 'get lucky' and get one of the next run of the HP Touchpad
for about $99.  They're working on an Android port, so you probably
wouldn't have to put up with the installed WebOS. ;)

I've got a couple friends from Scotland who picked up iPads while they
were here visiting.  While I'm no fan of Apple, you might find one of
those here in your price range (not the 32 GB model, but maybe a 16 GB
with Wifi only).

Otherwise, what sort of features are you looking for?

Jim

Post a reply to this message