POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Tablet PCs Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:27:13 EDT (-0400)
  Tablet PCs (Message 11 to 20 of 52)
From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Tablet PCs
Date: 1 Sep 2011 21:15:00
Message: <web.4e602cf5d30219a2fbf07d360@news.povray.org>

> LOL!  "Squirrel!"

I am going to ask one of my American colleagues about this. ;-)

> >> Otherwise, what sort of features are you looking for?
> >>

> > That is one of my problems. I don’t know what a tablet can do. I
> use my
> > laptop for email, surfing the net and Poving. I don’t suppose that I
> > could Pov on a tablet. I suppose that I am looking for a reason to spend
> > money. Okay I know that I could uses it as a e-reader but what else?
>
> The way I think of tablets and devices like that are as a 'media
> consumption device'.  So listening to music, watching movies/videos, that
> sort of thing.  Some have communications capabilities as well, but I see
> them as primarily for consumption of content.

That is what I've thought and what I said to my whife when she asked me why I
did not have one. Maybe I just want to spend some money.
(Quick! Call the men in white coates)

Stephen

Post a reply to this message

On Thu, 01 Sep 2011 21:10:13 -0400, Stephen wrote:

>> LOL!  "Squirrel!"
>>

> I am going to ask one of my American colleagues about this. ;-)

I'd happily tell you it's a quote from the film "Up". :)

> That is what I've thought and what I said to my whife when she asked me
> why I did not have one. Maybe I just want to spend some money. (Quick!
> Call the men in white coates)

There you go again, typical Brit, adding unnecessary letters into
words. ;)

Jim

Post a reply to this message