POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Mars needs to get the heck out of the Uncanny Valley Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:19:25 EDT (-0400)
  Mars needs to get the heck out of the Uncanny Valley (Message 12 to 21 of 51)
From: Warp
Subject: Re: Mars needs to get the heck out of the Uncanny Valley
Date: 6 Apr 2011 05:43:58
Message: <4d9c35de@news.povray.org>
Slime <pov### [at] slimelandcom> wrote:
> I don't think they needed the Uncanny Valley to kill that movie. It
> looks so painful to watch. The jokes make me cringe, the characters are
> people I would never want to meet in real life, and the plot isn't
> compelling. I see little bits of potential in it, but if no one tells me
> it's a great movie, there's not enough there to drive me to see it.

  I usually don't watch trailers, but I did with this one, the one embedded
in the article. The trailer actually killed any possible interest I would
have had towards this movie. It *started* like something interesting but
then spiraled down to something that looked completely unlikeable.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message