POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Manifest Server Time
30 Sep 2024 19:29:15 EDT (-0400)
  Manifest (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Orchid XP v8
Subject: Manifest
Date: 16 Aug 2008 13:24:41
Message: <48a70d59$1@news.povray.org>
   <assembly xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1" manifestVersion="1.0">
   <assemblyIdentity version="1.0.0.0"
      processorArchitecture="X86"
      name="RenderFade"
      type="win32"/>

   <trustInfo xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v3">
     <security>
       <requestedPrivileges>
         <requestedExecutionLevel level="asInvoker" uiAccess="false"/>
         </requestedPrivileges>
        </security>
   </trustInfo>
</assembly>

It seems that every single Haskell program I compile now ends up
generating one of these useless files. Anybody have any clue what this
thing is?

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

On Sat, 16 Aug 2008 19:24:48 +0200, Orchid XP v8 <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> It seems that every single Haskell program I compile now ends up
> generating one of these useless files. Anybody have any clue what this
> thing is?

FE

Post a reply to this message

>   <assembly xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1" manifestVersion="1.0">
>   <assemblyIdentity version="1.0.0.0"
>      processorArchitecture="X86"
>      name="RenderFade"
>      type="win32"/>
>
>   <trustInfo xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v3">
>     <security>
>       <requestedPrivileges>
>         <requestedExecutionLevel level="asInvoker" uiAccess="false"/>
>         </requestedPrivileges>
>        </security>
>   </trustInfo>
> </assembly>
>
> It seems that every single Haskell program I compile now ends up
> generating one of these useless files. Anybody have any clue what this
> thing is?

Yep. It's an application manifest. It gives Windows additional
information about the app, such as versions of DLLs that it requires,
among other things. Also can be useful for such things as getting
Windows XP style UI.

Post a reply to this message