POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The fish were a bit stale Server Time
29 Apr 2024 15:41:04 EDT (-0400)
  The fish were a bit stale (Message 11 to 20 of 24)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 4 Messages >>>
From: Stephen
Subject: Re: The fish were a bit stale
Date: 5 Jan 2019 20:01:44
Message: <5c315378$1@news.povray.org>
On 05/01/2019 18:24, Leroy wrote:
> Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
>> But so Long, and Thanks.
>>
>> It has been 20 years now that I have been using Pov-Ray. Unfortunately
>> there is not a modeller that will work properly with it nor one in
>> sight. So it is time for me to move on.
>>
>> I’ve learned a lot and met people here who I would like to call friends.
>> So keep the faith and have a good New Year. Even if you do cross your
>> arms before the last verse of Auld Lang Syne. :P
>>

>> --
>>
>> Regards
>>       Stephen
>
>   Moving on after 20 years!?

> Does that mean you are going to wipe POV from the computer, delete all your POV
> bookmarks from your brower.

No, not for a couple of years at least. Until then Pov will be a
reference point. The way Moray was when I started using Bishop3D.

it in case anyone thought I had died.  There has been too many people
not turning up in the morning. So that is me. Considerate to the end. :-)

>   Did you find another rendering system you like better?

engine. But to be honest photorealistic rendering is not so important to
me. I am more interested in animations. I heard about PovRay when I was
using Fractint and it mentioned that Pov could use the *.pot files
Fractint could export. I intended to make a fly-through of one of their
plasma fractals as it looked like a good basis for a landscape. I never
got round to it.

> I don't post here very often.

take offence if I am wrong.

> But I don't think I could just move totally away
> from POV. I think I've had POV on my computer for over 20 years. My computers
> have changed but POV comes along.

>   There are a lot of things POV can do and a lot it can't. The fun I have is
> figuring out which is which. If I really wanted a good modeller for POV, I could
> figure out a way to make it, with help from the good people here! Probable using
> POV for testing out ideas in programing. I often do that. I just made a C++
> program for making cin videos from pcx files and wav files. Also I made a POV
> that makes a 256 color palette from an regular image file that is so fast the I
> don't even need to made a C++ program to make it any faster.

That is where you and everyone else here have the advantage over me. I
could not code my way out of a wet paper bag.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message