POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Firefox Skin? Server Time
13 May 2024 04:43:50 EDT (-0400)
  Firefox Skin? (Message 1 to 10 of 17)
From: clipka
Subject: Firefox Skin?
Date: 17 Nov 2017 10:07:38
Message: <5a0efb3a$1@news.povray.org>
Did Firefox just update the default skin?

Not a fan. I like my menu bars in classic light grey.

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Firefox Skin?
Date: 17 Nov 2017 11:45:51
Message: <5a0f123f$1@news.povray.org>
On 17/11/2017 15:07, clipka wrote:
> Did Firefox just update the default skin?
>
> Not a fan. I like my menu bars in classic light grey.

Thanks for the heads up. I won't update. :)

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 18 Nov 2017 02:43:38
Message: <5a0fe4aa$1@news.povray.org>
On 17-11-2017 16:07, clipka wrote:
> Did Firefox just update the default skin?
>
> Not a fan. I like my menu bars in classic light grey.

It did indeed. I suppose one can switch to another one, like before.

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

On 18/11/2017 07:43, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> On 17-11-2017 16:07, clipka wrote:
>> Did Firefox just update the default skin?
>>
>> Not a fan. I like my menu bars in classic light grey.
>>

> It did indeed. I suppose one can switch to another one, like before.

I read a couple of weeks ago that from this version it is gone, gone,
gone. And a lot of Add ons won't work.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> On 18/11/2017 07:43, Thomas de Groot wrote:
>> On 17-11-2017 16:07, clipka wrote:
>>> Did Firefox just update the default skin?
>>>
>>> Not a fan. I like my menu bars in classic light grey.
>>>

>> It did indeed. I suppose one can switch to another one, like before.
>>

> I read a couple of weeks ago that from this version it is gone, gone,
> gone. And a lot of Add ons won't work.

Oh? Well, as long as uBlockOrigin and Ghostery still work (they seem to)
I am not too concerned. Still, I do not really like those big overhauls.

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

Am 18.11.2017 um 09:05 schrieb Thomas de Groot:
> On 18-11-2017 8:58, Stephen wrote:

>>> It did indeed. I suppose one can switch to another one, like before.
>>>

>> I read a couple of weeks ago that from this version it is gone, gone,
>> gone. And a lot of Add ons won't work.
>>

> Oh? Well, as long as uBlockOrigin and Ghostery still work (they seem to)
> I am not too concerned. Still, I do not really like those big overhauls.

The development cycle of the Mozilla software (Firefox and T'bird) has
been bothering me for a while already. Something's wrong if a software's
version number keeps jumping from N.0 to (N+1).0 every month or two.

One has to wonder whether their software is so poorly designed that they
have to keep ditching backward compatibility. Because, to my knowledge,
that's what the first portion of the version number is supposed to indicate.

Post a reply to this message

> The development cycle of the Mozilla software (Firefox and T'bird) has
> been bothering me for a while already. Something's wrong if a software's
> version number keeps jumping from N.0 to (N+1).0 every month or two.
>
> One has to wonder whether their software is so poorly designed that they
> have to keep ditching backward compatibility. Because, to my knowledge,
> that's what the first portion of the version number is supposed to indicate.

I cannot pretend to understand how they work, but I see what you mean.

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

> The development cycle of the Mozilla software (Firefox and T'bird) has
> been bothering me for a while already. Something's wrong if a software's
> version number keeps jumping from N.0 to (N+1).0 every month or two.

What happened to the idea that stability was a virtue?

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

>> The development cycle of the Mozilla software (Firefox and T'bird) has
>> been bothering me for a while already. Something's wrong if a software's
>> version number keeps jumping from N.0 to (N+1).0 every month or two.
>
> What happened to the idea that stability was a virtue?

Exactly. It /was/. As in past tense, not conditional :P

Nowadays, it seems like any stability still perceived is purely virtual
instead.

Post a reply to this message

>>> The development cycle of the Mozilla software (Firefox and T'bird) has
>>> been bothering me for a while already. Something's wrong if a software's
>>> version number keeps jumping from N.0 to (N+1).0 every month or two.
>>
>> What happened to the idea that stability was a virtue?
>
> Exactly. It /was/. As in past tense, not conditional :P
>
> Nowadays, it seems like any stability still perceived is purely virtual
> instead.

Gimmick, gimmick, gimmick.  With go faster stripes.
Grrr!

--

Regards
     Stephen