POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Firefox Skin? : Re: Firefox Skin? Server Time
6 Jun 2024 14:26:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Firefox Skin?
From: clipka
Date: 18 Nov 2017 05:56:31
Message: <5a1011df$1@news.povray.org>
Am 18.11.2017 um 09:05 schrieb Thomas de Groot:
> On 18-11-2017 8:58, Stephen wrote:

>>> It did indeed. I suppose one can switch to another one, like before.
>>>

>> I read a couple of weeks ago that from this version it is gone, gone,
>> gone. And a lot of Add ons won't work.
>>

> Oh? Well, as long as uBlockOrigin and Ghostery still work (they seem to)
> I am not too concerned. Still, I do not really like those big overhauls.

The development cycle of the Mozilla software (Firefox and T'bird) has
been bothering me for a while already. Something's wrong if a software's
version number keeps jumping from N.0 to (N+1).0 every month or two.

One has to wonder whether their software is so poorly designed that they
have to keep ditching backward compatibility. Because, to my knowledge,
that's what the first portion of the version number is supposed to indicate.