POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Re: POV-Ray 3.7 sometimes omits media photons Server Time
17 May 2024 18:29:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray 3.7 sometimes omits media photons (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Cousin Ricky
Subject: Re: POV-Ray 3.7 sometimes omits media photons
Date: 8 Jul 2017 09:02:37
Message: <5960d7ed$1@news.povray.org>
On 2017-07-08 04:15 AM (-4), clipka wrote:
> Am 08.07.2017 um 09:07 schrieb clipka:
>> During refactoring for 3.7.0, a bug was introduced that may cause
>> objects in the same CSG group to mess with each others' `hollow` flag,
>> with the last object winning. In this case that happened to be the
>> non-hollow `looks_like` object.
>
> ... actually, no: The bug wasn't introduced in v3.7; it was a
> pre-existing condition.
>
> The reason your scene renders fine in v3.6 is that the symptoms were
> ever so slightly different: Instead of the last object, it was the first
> object that won the `hollow` flag war.
>
> Place the box after the light source, and it will render fine in v3.7
> but break in v3.6.
>

> Can someone please open a GitHub issue for this one? It may need some
> work before it can be fixed.

Pre-existing conditions *are* covered in POV-Ray, right?

Oops, sorry.  I myself have a pre-existing condition, and I live in the
USA, where the people in charge don't know how insurance works, and
believe that human life should be subordinate to market^H^H^H^H^H^H
crony capitalist forces.

P.S.  As long as I've digressed into politics, please convey my
appreciation to Chancellor Merkel for allowing herself to be on the
losing side of the same-sex marriage issue.  Being the leader of the
free world must be a difficult job.

Post a reply to this message

On 7/8/2017 2:03 PM, Cousin Ricky wrote:

> Pre-existing conditions *are* covered in POV-Ray, right?
>
> Oops, sorry.  I myself have a pre-existing condition, and I live in the
> USA, where the people in charge don't know how insurance works, and
> believe that human life should be subordinate to market^H^H^H^H^H^H
> crony capitalist forces.

My sympathies.

> P.S.  As long as I've digressed into politics, please convey my
> appreciation to Chancellor Merkel for allowing herself to be on the
> losing side of the same-sex marriage issue.  Being the leader of the
> free world must be a difficult job.

I will put this date in my diary. An American has called Germany "the
leader of the free world ". Is that not heresy and covered under the
Anti-American Sedition act of 1918? ;)

She has a tough job with all those strange people. The British press are
showing a lot of photos of her with an expression of disbelief on her
face. When she is talking to some heads of state.

For example:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/video_and_audio/headlines/40536916/angela-merkel-rolls-her-eyes-at-vladimir-putin

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

On 2017-07-08 09:46 AM (-4), Stephen wrote:
> On 7/8/2017 2:03 PM, Cousin Ricky wrote:
>
>> P.S.  As long as I've digressed into politics, please convey my
>> appreciation to Chancellor Merkel for allowing herself to be on the
>> losing side of the same-sex marriage issue.  Being the leader of the
>> free world must be a difficult job.
>>

> I will put this date in my diary. An American has called Germany "the
> leader of the free world ".

Better change that date to 18 March 2017; I'm not the first.

https://aintnogod.com/ipb/topic/12299-german-reporter-asks-tweety-why-he-lies-constantly/?p=63757

> Is that not heresy and covered under the
> Anti-American Sedition act of 1918? ;)

I will win the court case if Justice Breyer or Justice Ginsburg has not
retired by then.

Post a reply to this message

On 7/8/2017 3:53 PM, Cousin Ricky wrote:
> On 2017-07-08 09:46 AM (-4), Stephen wrote:
>> On 7/8/2017 2:03 PM, Cousin Ricky wrote:
>>
>>> P.S.  As long as I've digressed into politics, please convey my
>>> appreciation to Chancellor Merkel for allowing herself to be on the
>>> losing side of the same-sex marriage issue.  Being the leader of the
>>> free world must be a difficult job.
>>>

>> I will put this date in my diary. An American has called Germany "the
>> leader of the free world ".
>
> Better change that date to 18 March 2017; I'm not the first.

https://aintnogod.com/ipb/topic/12299-german-reporter-asks-tweety-why-he-lies-constantly/?p=63757

No, but the first time I've heard it. But then it is all "Far away land"
and we have our own problems with our NHS.

>> Is that not heresy and covered under the
>> Anti-American Sedition act of 1918? ;)
>
> I will win the court case if Justice Breyer or Justice Ginsburg has not
> retired by then.

I didn't know about Justice Ginsburg. Eighty four! That's pushing it a bit.

Not a good outlook. :(

--

Regards
     Stephen