POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : London under siege, a reply Server Time
28 Jun 2024 22:39:38 EDT (-0400)
  London under siege, a reply (Message 17 to 26 of 36)
From: Stephen
Subject: Re: London under siege, a reply
Date: 8 Jun 2017 12:36:52
Message: <59397d24$1@news.povray.org>
On 6/8/2017 4:27 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Thu, 08 Jun 2017 08:01:33 +0100, Stephen wrote:
>

>> The right to bear arm is a god given comma. So anyone who criticise it
>> is criticising God.
>
> Indeed.  We all know Jesus signed the US Constitution, after all. m-/

Ah! So it is the third coming we are waiting for, now.
At least the English say that he walked upon England’s mountains green. ;)

>> Again you have got to be seen doing something. And spending money is
>> doing something.
>
> Wasting money.  But then, we want to cut funding for things like the arts
> and general welfare - not corporate welfare, but just for those lazy
> bastards who haven't got a job.

You should be voting for our Jeremy. :)

>> Cynical, moi?
>
> You'd fit right in here. :)

What as a disruptive alien?

>>> But hey, now it sounds like because of the threat of possible exploding
>>> laptops from certain countries, they'll probably have to be checked for
>>> most international flights.  Because in the hold is so much safer.
>>
>> Is that so it is safer? I don't understand the rational.
>
> I don't either.

It must be people with bigger brains than ours.

>> But they are going to put WiFi on planes. People than then twitter they
>> are bored the whole journey. ;)
>
>  From their phones, and you get to pay for the WiFi.  Many airlines have
> started depending on people bringing laptops and tablets for in-flight
> entertainment, too - the options are now on the in-flight WiFi using an
> app or a laptop's web browser.  Which, of course, may end up being in the
> hold, even (I read recently) for domestic flights in the US.

I read last week that there are a couple of companies that are launching
satellites mainly for Aeroplane WiFi.
It makes you wonder what they did on the Mayflower, for entertainment. :-J

>>> And, of course, we have the privilege of paying the airlines to check
>>> our electronics now, too.  Hurray, capitalism. <grump>
>>>

>> Away to #@!k :)
>
> Makes me glad I don't travel a lot these days, and when I do, it's
> usually by train to Vancouver.

Me too. Not that I've ever been to Vancouver.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 8 Jun 2017 12:37:40
Message: <59397d54$1@news.povray.org>
On 6/8/2017 5:36 PM, Stephen wrote:
> Ah! So it is the third coming we are waiting for, now.
> At least the English say that he walked upon England’s mountains green. ;)

During his lifetime.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Cousin Ricky
Date: 8 Jun 2017 13:05:00
Message: <web.5939831237be17d2cbaa374d0@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
> Today we are having a general election.

Go, Corbyn!

.... is that too political?

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 8 Jun 2017 13:11:24
Message: <5939853c$1@news.povray.org>
On 6/8/2017 6:02 PM, Cousin Ricky wrote:
> Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
>> Today we are having a general election.
>
> Go, Corbyn!
>
> ..... is that too political?

We are in purdah so I could not possibly comment. Until after 10 pm BST. ;)

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 8 Jun 2017 13:21:06
Message: <59398782$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 08 Jun 2017 17:36:46 +0100, Stephen wrote:

> On 6/8/2017 4:27 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
>> On Thu, 08 Jun 2017 08:01:33 +0100, Stephen wrote:
>>

>>> The right to bear arm is a god given comma. So anyone who criticise it
>>> is criticising God.
>>
>> Indeed.  We all know Jesus signed the US Constitution, after all. m-/
>>

> Ah! So it is the third coming we are waiting for, now.
> At least the English say that he walked upon England’s mountains green.
> ;)

Well, there is a religious sect that does say he came to North America.

>>> Again you have got to be seen doing something. And spending money is
>>> doing something.
>>
>> Wasting money.  But then, we want to cut funding for things like the
>> arts and general welfare - not corporate welfare, but just for those
>> lazy bastards who haven't got a job.
>>

> You should be voting for our Jeremy. :)

Sadly, I probably would be.  Because if you don't vote for a lizard, the
wrong lizard might get in (see US 2016 election).

>>> Cynical, moi?
>>
>> You'd fit right in here. :)
>>

> What as a disruptive alien?

Sure, why not? :D

>>> Is that so it is safer? I don't understand the rational.
>>
>> I don't either.
>>
> It must be people with bigger brains than ours.

Or smaller.  That's the "problem" with people like us - we think too
much, rather than going with our gut.

>>> But they are going to put WiFi on planes. People than then twitter
>>> they are bored the whole journey. ;)
>>
>>  From their phones, and you get to pay for the WiFi.  Many airlines
>>  have
>> started depending on people bringing laptops and tablets for in-flight
>> entertainment, too - the options are now on the in-flight WiFi using an
>> app or a laptop's web browser.  Which, of course, may end up being in
>> the hold, even (I read recently) for domestic flights in the US.
>>

> I read last week that there are a couple of companies that are launching
> satellites mainly for Aeroplane WiFi.
> It makes you wonder what they did on the Mayflower, for entertainment.
> :-J

Indeed. :)

>>> Away to #@!k :)
>>
>> Makes me glad I don't travel a lot these days, and when I do, it's
>> usually by train to Vancouver.
>>

> Me too. Not that I've ever been to Vancouver.

It's nice up there.  I wish I had a reason to go up there this week, as
one coworker's last day is tomorrow (her family moved cross-country, and
she can't work remotely).

Jim

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 8 Jun 2017 13:21:36
Message: <593987a0$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 08 Jun 2017 18:11:18 +0100, Stephen wrote:

> On 6/8/2017 6:02 PM, Cousin Ricky wrote:
>> Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
>>> Today we are having a general election.
>>
>> Go, Corbyn!
>>
>> ..... is that too political?
>>

> We are in purdah so I could not possibly comment. Until after 10 pm BST.
> ;)

I saw from The Guardian that the polls are saying the Tories are in the
lead. m-/

From: Stephen
Date: 8 Jun 2017 13:26:28
Message: <593988c4$1@news.povray.org>
On 6/8/2017 6:11 PM, Stephen wrote:
> We are in purdah

Other matters:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-40190204

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 8 Jun 2017 13:30:09
Message: <593989a1$1@news.povray.org>
On 6/8/2017 6:21 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Thu, 08 Jun 2017 18:11:18 +0100, Stephen wrote:

>>> Go, Corbyn!
>>>
>>> ..... is that too political?
>>>

>> We are in purdah so I could not possibly comment. Until after 10 pm BST.
>> ;)
>
> I saw from The Guardian that the polls are saying the Tories are in the
> lead. m-/

To be expected, to be honest.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 8 Jun 2017 13:40:33
Message: <59398c11@news.povray.org>
On 6/8/2017 6:21 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Thu, 08 Jun 2017 17:36:46 +0100, Stephen wrote:
>

>> Ah! So it is the third coming we are waiting for, now.
>> At least the English say that he walked upon England’s mountains green.
>> ;)
>
> Well, there is a religious sect that does say he came to North America.

It must have been during his world tour. Fter he recuperated in India.

>> You should be voting for our Jeremy. :)
>
> Sadly, I probably would be.  Because if you don't vote for a lizard, the
> wrong lizard might get in (see US 2016 election).

He certainly isn't perfect. But he is polite and not a back stabber.

>>> You'd fit right in here. :)

I don't think I did in New Mexico.

>> What as a disruptive alien?
>
> Sure, why not? :D

Guns and policemen?

>>> I don't either.
>>>
>> It must be people with bigger brains than ours.
>
> Or smaller.

No, no they must be bigger. How else could the get the power? :)

> That's the "problem" with people like us - we think too
> much, rather than going with our gut.

Well a lot of them certainly have big ones. :)

>> Me too. Not that I've ever been to Vancouver.
>
> It's nice up there.  I wish I had a reason to go up there this week, as
> one coworker's last day is tomorrow (her family moved cross-country, and
> she can't work remotely).

Same.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 8 Jun 2017 17:17:14
Message: <5939beda$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 08 Jun 2017 18:30:03 +0100, Stephen wrote:

> On 6/8/2017 6:21 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:

>>> We are in purdah so I could not possibly comment. Until after 10 pm
>>> BST.
>>> ;)
>>
>> I saw from The Guardian that the polls are saying the Tories are in the
>> lead. m-/
>>

> To be expected, to be honest.

Sounds like it might be a hung parliament.

Jim