POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Uh-oh Server Time
18 May 2024 05:05:26 EDT (-0400)
  Uh-oh (Message 1 to 10 of 35)
From: Cousin Ricky
Subject: Uh-oh
Date: 4 Jun 2017 08:36:37
Message: <5933fed5@news.povray.org>
The fan on my computer just became louder, and I thought I detected an
unpleasant smell during my last render.

Looks like I won't be doing any renders until I get the fan replaced.

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Uh-oh
Date: 4 Jun 2017 09:08:59
Message: <5934066b$1@news.povray.org>
On 6/4/2017 1:36 PM, Cousin Ricky wrote:
> The fan on my computer just became louder, and I thought I detected an
> unpleasant smell during my last render.
>
> Looks like I won't be doing any renders until I get the fan replaced.

Gulp! Good that you caught it early.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 5 Jun 2017 02:49:12
Message: <5934fee8@news.povray.org>
On 4-6-2017 15:08, Stephen wrote:
> On 6/4/2017 1:36 PM, Cousin Ricky wrote:
>> The fan on my computer just became louder, and I thought I detected an
>> unpleasant smell during my last render.
>>
>> Looks like I won't be doing any renders until I get the fan replaced.
>
> Gulp! Good that you caught it early.

Maybe cleaning away the accumulated dust on the fan will be enough. I
have experienced loud noises before and that was the solution (with
compressed air... carefully).

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message