POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Re: re Cassini Server Time
1 Jun 2024 23:23:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: re Cassini (Message 39 to 48 of 48)
From: Stephen
Subject: Re: re Cassini
Date: 11 May 2017 14:30:12
Message: <5914adb4$1@news.povray.org>
On 5/11/2017 7:06 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:

>>> I like my answer better.:)
>>>

>> So would I but unfortunately...
>> We were stood by the lifeboats for about six hours. It was some trip. :)
>
> Ah, well, in that case, your answer is the better answer.  Mine's just a
> reference to H2G2. :)

But my answer to your answer was a continuation in the same style. With
a soupspoon of RL.
There was a "please" in the sentence!

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 11 May 2017 18:36:47
Message: <5914e77f$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 11 May 2017 19:30:02 +0100, Stephen wrote:

> On 5/11/2017 7:06 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:

>>> So would I but unfortunately...
>>> We were stood by the lifeboats for about six hours. It was some trip.
>>> :)
>>
>> Ah, well, in that case, your answer is the better answer.  Mine's just
>> a reference to H2G2. :)
>>

> But my answer to your answer was a continuation in the same style. With
> a soupspoon of RL.
> There was a "please" in the sentence!

That did seem odd to me. :)

From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 12 May 2017 03:06:45
Message: <59155f05@news.povray.org>
On 11-5-2017 13:28, Stephen wrote:

>>> Slow, aren't you? ;-)
>>
>> I do what I can.

>>> That would be nice. Then we could jaunt off in my interdimensional,
>>> travelling pawn shop. You get to see some of the best parts. :-)
>>>

>> That would certainly be nice. The interdimensionality though is still a
>> problem, except for words it seems.
>>

> Still unsure?

Walking a thin line here....

>>> I'm glad someone's finally taking responsibility for them. They have
>>> been a hell of a neighbour. Since the French took over. ;-)
>>>

>> Oh! Responsibility is a big word.
>
> It is, as you will know from that Spanish time.

Oh them! A boot in their lower back and good riddance!

>> We just put them to work to keep their
>> mind off trivial things.
>>

> You're not saying that work will make them free, are you?

Of course not! Bind them to their looms I say! As one of their minor
authors once wrote: "and in darkness bind them". That is exactly right
to increase production.

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

On 5/12/2017 8:06 AM, Thomas de Groot wrote:

>>> That would certainly be nice. The interdimensionality though is still a
>>> problem, except for words it seems.
>>>

>> Still unsure?
>
> Walking a thin line here....

Okay, I can take a hint. :-)

>>> Oh! Responsibility is a big word.
>>
>> It is, as you will know from that Spanish time.
>
> Oh them! A boot in their lower back and good riddance!

So say thee, now.
At the time you had a lot to say about it. :-)

>> You're not saying that work will make them free, are you?
>>

> Of course not! Bind them to their looms I say! As one of their minor
> authors once wrote: "and in darkness bind them". That is exactly right
> to increase production.

Good luck with that, then. They are an unruly lot. Much want to rabble
and rouse. Once they get the scent of pink gin. They are harder to herd
than cats.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

>>> Still unsure?
>>
>> Walking a thin line here....
>>

> Okay, I can take a hint. :-)

Equipoise is always a tricky business...

>>> It is, as you will know from that Spanish time.
>>
>> Oh them! A boot in their lower back and good riddance!
>>

> So say thee, now.
> At the time you had a lot to say about it. :-)

We did, we did! We are of the bragging sort. See our period paintings. :-)

>>> You're not saying that work will make them free, are you?
>>>

>> Of course not! Bind them to their looms I say! As one of their minor
>> authors once wrote: "and in darkness bind them". That is exactly right
>> to increase production.
>>

> Good luck with that, then. They are an unruly lot. Much want to rabble
> and rouse. Once they get the scent of pink gin. They are harder to herd
> than cats.

Water be the strongest drink then. The Thames can be put to good use for
that.

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

On 5/12/2017 11:54 AM, Thomas de Groot wrote:
>> So say thee, now.
>> At the time you had a lot to say about it. :-)
>
> We did, we did! We are of the bragging sort. See our period paintings. :-)

Funny, how whenever we imagine ourselves in the past. We are almost
always well off.

>>> Of course not! Bind them to their looms I say! As one of their minor
>>> authors once wrote: "and in darkness bind them". That is exactly right
>>> to increase production.
>>>

>> Good luck with that, then. They are an unruly lot. Much want to rabble
>> and rouse. Once they get the scent of pink gin. They are harder to herd
>> than cats.
>>

> Water be the strongest drink then. The Thames can be put to good use for
> that.

Now that that is going too far. Where's this famed Dutch courage?

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message