POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Results Server Time
2 Jul 2024 23:29:15 EDT (-0400)
  Results (Message 23 to 32 of 32)
From: Cousin Ricky
Subject: Re: Results
Date: 10 Nov 2016 08:30:00
Message: <web.58247633f38030d1b99945e00@news.povray.org>
"Sherry K. Shaw" <ten### [at] aolcom> wrote:
> IIRC, I was five or six years old when I began to suspect that most
> people in the world were irremediably stupid.

If anything can eliminate the cringeworthy idea of "American exceptionalism," it
is observing in our elections that Americans are as easily manipulated as the
other 95% of humanity.  Unfortunately, the very people who believe in American
exceptionalism  are the ones who cannot see that they have been manipulated.
Two chaps named Dunning and Kruger might have more to say about this.

Post a reply to this message

On 11/10/2016 8:29 AM, Cousin Ricky wrote:
> "Sherry K. Shaw" <ten### [at] aolcom> wrote:
>> IIRC, I was five or six years old when I began to suspect that most
>> people in the world were irremediably stupid.
>
> If anything can eliminate the cringeworthy idea of "American exceptionalism," it
> is observing in our elections that Americans are as easily manipulated as the
> other 95% of humanity.  Unfortunately, the very people who believe in American
> exceptionalism  are the ones who cannot see that they have been manipulated.
> Two chaps named Dunning and Kruger might have more to say about this.

I think every nation has its factions that believe in their
"exceptionalism".

Mike

Post a reply to this message

On 11/10/2016 11:00 AM, Mike Horvath wrote:
> On 11/10/2016 8:29 AM, Cousin Ricky wrote:
>> "Sherry K. Shaw" <ten### [at] aolcom> wrote:
>>> IIRC, I was five or six years old when I began to suspect that most
>>> people in the world were irremediably stupid.
>>
>> If anything can eliminate the cringeworthy idea of "American
>> exceptionalism," it
>> is observing in our elections that Americans are as easily manipulated
>> as the
>> other 95% of humanity.  Unfortunately, the very people who believe in
>> American
>> exceptionalism  are the ones who cannot see that they have been
>> manipulated.
>> Two chaps named Dunning and Kruger might have more to say about this.
>>

> I think every nation has its factions that believe in their
> "exceptionalism".
>
> Mike

Their _own_ exceptionalism, rather.

Mike

Post a reply to this message

On 11/10/2016 4:00 PM, Mike Horvath wrote:
> On 11/10/2016 8:29 AM, Cousin Ricky wrote:
>> "Sherry K. Shaw" <ten### [at] aolcom> wrote:
>>> IIRC, I was five or six years old when I began to suspect that most
>>> people in the world were irremediably stupid.
>>
>> If anything can eliminate the cringeworthy idea of "American
>> exceptionalism," it
>> is observing in our elections that Americans are as easily manipulated
>> as the
>> other 95% of humanity.  Unfortunately, the very people who believe in
>> American
>> exceptionalism  are the ones who cannot see that they have been
>> manipulated.
>> Two chaps named Dunning and Kruger might have more to say about this.
>>

> I think every nation has its factions that believe in their
> "exceptionalism".

I can think of at least half a dozen in the UK alone.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message