POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Long threads Server Time
7 Oct 2024 07:20:25 EDT (-0400)
  Long threads (Message 463 to 472 of 642)
From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Short leg on.
Date: 19 Sep 2016 15:03:05
Message: <57e03669@news.povray.org>
On 9/19/2016 7:55 PM, Doctor John wrote:
> On 19/09/16 18:42, Stephen wrote:
>>
>> Honeydew was the only melon that was available when I was young.
>> Watermelon is nice in a salad and it keeps you regular.
>>

> [Tries to erase mental image of Stephen twelve hours after eating
> watermelon and fails miserably]

That is just Pervy.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 19 Sep 2016 15:05:00
Message: <57e036dc$1@news.povray.org>
On 9/19/2016 7:57 PM, Doctor John wrote:
> On 19/09/16 19:41, Doctor John wrote:

>>> I admit to some small satisfaction. :)

>>> :D
>>>

>> Sorry I'm late, guys. It's been one of those days.
>> On the principle that neither of you has invoked rule 14a using the
>> time-honoured tradition of giving Samantha a poke, I move to:
>>
>> Southwark (I fancy taking in some Shakespeare at the Globe)
>>
>> John
>>

> BTW The next person to post has the honour of taking us the 75% mark.

That would be me if you hadn't put me in Huff.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 19 Sep 2016 15:06:37
Message: <57e0373d$1@news.povray.org>
On 9/19/2016 7:41 PM, Doctor John wrote:
> Southwark (I fancy taking in some Shakespeare at the Globe)

I suppose it is worth doing it once. As a tourist thing.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Doctor John
Date: 19 Sep 2016 15:14:13
Message: <57e03905$1@news.povray.org>
On 19/09/16 20:04, Stephen wrote:
> On 9/19/2016 7:57 PM, Doctor John wrote:

>>> Sorry I'm late, guys. It's been one of those days.
>>> On the principle that neither of you has invoked rule 14a using the
>>> time-honoured tradition of giving Samantha a poke, I move to:
>>>
>>> Southwark (I fancy taking in some Shakespeare at the Globe)
>>>
>>> John
>>>

>> BTW The next person to post has the honour of taking us the 75% mark.
>>

> That would be me if you hadn't put me in Huff.

You should really start to read the judgements made against you. I ruled
that you were in Huff until I made my next move; I made it, ergo you are
no longer in Huff.

John
--
It's not about bravery.
It's about doing what I need to do to win

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 19 Sep 2016 16:18:23
Message: <57e0480f$1@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 19 Sep 2016 18:42:27 +0100, Stephen wrote:

>> Well spotted on strawberries not being melons
>
> You have to be so careful with some people around.

Indeed you do. :)

>> - that I have done, and it does work.  I do prefer cantaloupe over
>> honeydew, so next time I have that, I might just give that a try.
>>
> Honeydew was the only melon that was available when I was young.
> Watermelon is nice in a salad and it keeps you regular.

Watermelon is good. :)

Jim

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 19 Sep 2016 16:20:10
Message: <57e0487a$1@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 19 Sep 2016 20:04:58 +0100, Stephen wrote:

>> BTW The next person to post has the honour of taking us the 75% mark.
>>

> That would be me if you hadn't put me in Huff.

Which means it's my go, then.

I jump Stephen's king, taking him out of Huff, and move to Tower Hill.

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 19 Sep 2016 16:21:07
Message: <57e048b3$1@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 19 Sep 2016 20:14:13 +0100, Doctor John wrote:

>>> BTW The next person to post has the honour of taking us the 75% mark.
>>>

>> That would be me if you hadn't put me in Huff.
>>

> You should really start to read the judgements made against you. I ruled
> that you were in Huff until I made my next move; I made it, ergo you are
> no longer in Huff.

Well, wait, because he thought he was still in Huff, he remains until
freed - which I've just done.  That's rule 14b section 37.

Jim

From: Stephen
Date: 19 Sep 2016 16:37:23
Message: <57e04c83$1@news.povray.org>
On 9/19/2016 8:14 PM, Doctor John wrote:
> On 19/09/16 20:04, Stephen wrote:

>>> BTW The next person to post has the honour of taking us the 75% mark.
>>>

>> That would be me if you hadn't put me in Huff.
>>

> You should really start to read the judgements made against you. I ruled
> that you were in Huff until I made my next move; I made it, ergo you are
> no longer in Huff.

Not when I replied to that post but since you insist. I put myself in
Huff with a puff.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 19 Sep 2016 16:38:11
Message: <57e04cb3$1@news.povray.org>
On 9/19/2016 9:21 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:

>>> That would be me if you hadn't put me in Huff.
>>>

>> You should really start to read the judgements made against you. I ruled
>> that you were in Huff until I made my next move; I made it, ergo you are
>> no longer in Huff.
>
> Well, wait, because he thought he was still in Huff, he remains until
> freed - which I've just done.  That's rule 14b section 37.

Seems I'm now in Sulk. :-(

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 19 Sep 2016 16:41:01
Message: <57e04d5d$1@news.povray.org>
On 9/19/2016 9:20 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Sep 2016 20:04:58 +0100, Stephen wrote:
>
>>> BTW The next person to post has the honour of taking us the 75% mark.
>>>

>> That would be me if you hadn't put me in Huff.
>
> Which means it's my go, then.

That's right.

> I jump Stephen's king, taking him out of Huff, and move to Tower Hill.

You forgot about the dashed line on the diagonal which puts me in Sulk.

(M. Vacillation's variable.)

--

Regards
     Stephen