POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Tomorrow is Glow In The Dark Day Server Time
28 Jun 2024 23:12:12 EDT (-0400)
  Tomorrow is Glow In The Dark Day (Message 1 to 10 of 14)
From: Doctor John
Subject: Tomorrow is Glow In The Dark Day
Date: 7 Jun 2016 16:28:59
Message: <57572e8b@news.povray.org>
Tomorrow they're going to inject some radioactive sugar into me then
stick me in a machine that goes 'hmmmm', 'gronk' and 'whshhh'; it
doesn't go 'PING' though.
Dammit! What use is a thing that doesn't go 'PING' (or even 'ping')?

This will be my fourth time in a PET scanner - the only time in my life
that I can guarantee that I won't be interrupted by phone calls.

TBH I'm shit-scared - not of the machine but of the possibility of an
adverse diagnosis. Keep your fingers crossed.

John
--
It's not about bravery.
It's about doing what I need to do to win

Post a reply to this message

> It's about doing what I need to do to win

Exactly! Best of British (not that you'll need it).
So break a leg!
My head is still away with the fairies and lost track of the time.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> Tomorrow they're going to inject some radioactive sugar into me then
> stick me in a machine that goes 'hmmmm', 'gronk' and 'whshhh'; it
> doesn't go 'PING' though.
> Dammit! What use is a thing that doesn't go 'PING' (or even 'ping')?

if you heard 'ping', you'd probably be in a microwave, and tender ;-)

Post a reply to this message

> if you heard 'ping', you'd probably be in a microwave, and tender ;-)

Ah, but should I use hollandaise or some other sauce?

John

From: Doctor John
Date: 7 Jun 2016 17:35:52
Message: <57573e38$1@news.povray.org>
On 07/06/16 22:03, Stephen wrote:
> My head is still away with the fairies and lost track of the time.

...and what's new? :-D

John

From: Stephen
Date: 7 Jun 2016 18:15:29
Message: <57574781$1@news.povray.org>
On 6/7/2016 10:35 PM, Doctor John wrote:
> On 07/06/16 22:03, Stephen wrote:
>> My head is still away with the fairies and lost track of the time.
>>

> ....and what's new? :-D

Fairy Nuff
Just lie there and think of England. ;)

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Le Forgeron
Date: 8 Jun 2016 01:16:26
Message: <5757aa2a$1@news.povray.org>
Le 07/06/2016 à 23:33, Doctor John a écrit :
> On 07/06/16 22:04, jr wrote:
>>
>> if you heard 'ping', you'd probably be in a microwave, and tender ;-)
>>
> Ah, but should I use hollandaise or some other sauce?
>
> John

No sauce in the microwave.
If you have to heat it again, use bain-marie and patience.

Now, why would you have remains of cold sauce is another question, as
well-educated people like you know to finish their dishes.

Make it fresh. Even better.

What about mint sauce ?

Post a reply to this message

From: scott
Date: 8 Jun 2016 03:56:00
Message: <5757cf90$1@news.povray.org>
> Tomorrow they're going to inject some radioactive sugar into me then
> stick me in a machine that goes 'hmmmm', 'gronk' and 'whshhh'; it
> doesn't go 'PING' though.
> Dammit! What use is a thing that doesn't go 'PING' (or even 'ping')?

I hear it's quite good for medical equipment not to go "ping" - you
don't want the wrong type being able to get access to it. A hmmm, gronk,
whshh could rapidly turn into a hmm gronk clunk boom owww

> This will be my fourth time in a PET scanner - the only time in my life
> that I can guarantee that I won't be interrupted by phone calls.
>
> TBH I'm shit-scared - not of the machine but of the possibility of an
> adverse diagnosis. Keep your fingers crossed.

Fingers crossed here, hope the quantum probabilities get resolved in a
favourable way :-)

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 8 Jun 2016 08:01:34
Message: <5758091e$1@news.povray.org>
On 6/7/2016 4:28 PM, Doctor John wrote:
> TBH I'm shit-scared - not of the machine but of the possibility of an
> adverse diagnosis. Keep your fingers crossed.

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway" ... John Wayne

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 12 Jun 2016 17:21:22
Message: <575dd252$1@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 07 Jun 2016 21:28:58 +0100, Doctor John wrote:

> Tomorrow they're going to inject some radioactive sugar into me then
> stick me in a machine that goes 'hmmmm', 'gronk' and 'whshhh'; it
> doesn't go 'PING' though.
> Dammit! What use is a thing that doesn't go 'PING' (or even 'ping')?
>
> This will be my fourth time in a PET scanner - the only time in my life
> that I can guarantee that I won't be interrupted by phone calls.
>
> TBH I'm shit-scared - not of the machine but of the possibility of an
> adverse diagnosis. Keep your fingers crossed.
>
> John

Here's hoping it went well, John.

Jim