POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Make it Server Time
28 Jul 2024 04:14:03 EDT (-0400)
  Make it (Message 21 to 25 of 25)
From: clipka
Subject: Re: Make it
Date: 27 May 2016 20:12:35
Message: <5748e273$1@news.povray.org>
Am 27.05.2016 um 15:23 schrieb scott:

>>> Isn't there some tool to do that automatically?
>>
>> Absolutely. It is called "make", and needs a Makefile to work ;)
>
> Oh, what you can use make to make a makefile? Sounds like some IOCCC
> entry...

Ah, I thought you meant the "write a loop to compile every source
file..." part.

Yeah, there are tools out there that automate makefile making. Automake
is one of them.

In a nutshell, it boils down to writing a convoluted Automake script to
avoid writing a convoluted Makefile.

On the upside, you don't have to worry about tab characters anymore. Yay!

Post a reply to this message