POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Make it : Re: Make it Server Time
28 Jul 2024 04:22:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Make it
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 28 May 2016 03:53:30
Message: <57494e7a@news.povray.org>
On 27/05/2016 10:44 PM, dick balaska wrote:
> Am 2016-05-27 14:10, also sprach Orchid Win7 v1:
>
>> I don't have access to any Linux machines that have man or info
>> installed. Our build process strips it to save space...
>
> wow. that's ... poor.

Well, it's a kiosk Linux system. It's designed to run one application.
What do you need manpages for?

On the one hand, you can always look it up on the Internet. On the other
hand, the manpage you read in the Internet may or may not match the
version of the tool you actually have installed. :-P

Also: Certain commands are not safe for Google.

    "man cp"     That's fine
    "man cron"   Also fine.
    "man kill"   Less fine.
    "man bash"   Be careful.